1) All You Need Is Code is a great platform full of resources for primary and secondary students to learn the basics of computer science.
2) Solo Learn is full of short lesson plans introducing you to coding languages and key functions in an easy to use online platform.
3) Try an Hour of Code designed to be completed in one hour; filter by experience or age. There are many lessons to choose from in a wide variety of areas including: learn coding basics with drag-n-drop blocks, web pages, and app and game programming. Be sure to also check out the lesson in Beyond an Hour of Code.
4) Scratchis a popular free interactive drag-n-drop block programming environment where you can code stories, games and animations. Scratch is aimed at youth ages 8-16 and is a project of MIT Media Lab’s Lifelong Kindergarten Group.
5) Codecademy is a place to learn, teach, and create in code!
4) Khan Academylets user learn anything for free with a great selection digital literacy and STEM topics.
2) HyperText Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) are used to organize and style web pages.
Intro to HTML/CSS - Making Web pages
3) There are a variety of different programming languages which every good programmer should get to know. Below is a list of additional resources which introduce other programming languages.
List of popular programming languages
4) Pythonknown for being clean, easy to learn, and versatile.
5) PHP primarily used to create web applications and is very popular, free, has a massive online community and frameworks built on it.
6)C++Still one of the most widely used languages (an extension of “C”). A good alternative to Java to learn Object Oriented Programming.
1) Storing, organizing and quickly retrieving data is key to almost any application. Properly designing “relational” databases and using query languages like SQL are key in this area.
Intro to Relational Databases and SQL
Microsoft SQL Server
2) Other alternative non-relational “NoSQL” database options have gained in popularity.
Intro to NoSQL Databases
1) Khan Academy is known for having lessons on many STEM related topics including computer animation. Through this online lesson you will have the opportunity to view how real animation characters were created by Pixar and create your own.
1) Knowing how to program mobile applications is a great skill to have.